• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Today is NOT a good day

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Had a couple checkups last week. The nurse called from the Colonoscopy place and the polyps removed were all precancerous. One down great. Then I got the call from nurse at the dermatology office. The place on my nose that was biopsied was cancerous. The scheduling nurse will be calling me to schedule a procedure to remove it. Luckily it is small.

Now I am nervous.

Hang in there Johnny. Medicine and technology have made some seriously amazing breakthroughs when it comes to this.

We are here for ya to the best of our abilities and shall keep you and your family in our prayers.

Don't be nervous. I know it is hard. We waited for Amber's results for a week. talk about sleepless nights. When hers came back as cancer we just broke down and every fear you could think of happened.

the advances from just 10 years ago when a friend who worked for me at the prison had his come back positive has come so far, you will be amazed.

I do suggest you interface with your local Cancer center since they will have tons of resources and can set your mind at ease. The docs will scare the crap out of your and these people know how to put things in perspective as well as knowing where the financial aid is and they have tons of good info not the crap on google.

Oh, you may thing the financial is fine, but one of Amber's drugs is $9k per infusion and she has to have them for a year. She is infused with five different drugs and takes about four different prescribed meds.

Don't let me scare you either. this is like bad Chinese food and will pass!

Relax and use your head not your emotions and it will make it easier.

Best of luck to you and you are in my prayers!

Mel

John,
No biggie. I had that done a few months ago. I watch the "hole" thing on the monitor as they went in and pinched away. The nurse (female) was pretty cute so it helped ease the mental pain.

Fear not, john. Cancer would find you much too stubborn and disagreeable. Get that son married and let the docs grind off a little bit of your nose and you will be fine.

Kev

We're here for you Johnny. No worries, mate. Take it a day at a time or you'll stress yourself out.

"guruatbol" said:
I do suggest you interface with your local Cancer center since they will have tons of resources and can set your mind at ease. These people know how to put things in perspective as well as knowing where the financial aid is and they have tons of good info not the crap on google.

Best of luck to you and you are in my prayers!

Mel

I used a section of Mel's reply that I wanted to say to you too.
We are here for you and don't hesitate to vent or ask questions.
B.

Most skin cancers are not terribly dangerous if caught in time. I've had a couple and am free of malignancy issues. Don't sweat it, John.

Now if they give you a third nostril, you can use that to shoot milk or coffee out on the computer screen and still breathe...

My Dad lived with a couple of forms of skin cancer for all of the 53 years I knew him. Had no real problems until the Squamous cell cancer of the skin hit him.

Back