• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Today met Fast68Back and Sluggo

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
While visiting my nephew in Euless Tx today, I was able to go and visit these two very LOW lifes while they.....er Sluggo was working on Rick 68 fastback.

Rick, that is a very beautiful car and it looks like you are coming right along with it. I love those headrests and will defineately consider them for Shag.

Sorry I wasn't able to spend more time but was only allocated an hour + before I had to get back to family visiting and then rushed off to the airport to complete my journey home.

My nephew who has a 69 Camaro RS/SS was very impressed on how clean your car is Rick. He wishes (me too) that his car was as detailed as yours. Nothing like working on a car from the ground up with everything newly painted.

Actually I forgot it for the trip. It would have stirred up a nest with the local villagers. Maybe next year. Besides I'm afraid it would have scared Sluggo so much he might have broken off a headlamp bucket bolt by shear fright. I couldn't forgive myself if that had happened.

Glad you made it home safe. It was nice to meet you as well Craig.... After we got rid of the gawkers I was able to crack the whip and get a little more work outta Sluggo before I sent him packin.... Actually I owe a HUGE thanks to Randy and all his work/help, the two weekends he has come up to Dallas and helped me out has cut about 8 years off the rebuild time. Here are some pics of what we got done this weekend. Front sheetmetal installed, front wheels and tires on, mirrors installed, front windshield in and drip rail moldings installed. I need to get the pics my neighbor Dave took, his camera is a lot better than mine and these definetly do not do the car justice.

2_07_12_08_3_39_06_0.JPG

A shot of 'ole sluggo admiring his handywork
2_07_12_08_3_39_06_2.JPG

2_07_12_08_3_49_30_4.JPG

There are some more pics in the gallery. I'll post some better ones, eventually...

Your car is awesome and your camera is CRAP! I looked at your gallery and thought I needed glasses. Christmas is coming so tell the wifey the car needs a new camera. Better yet, if she won't buy you a new camera maybe we can start a camera fund for you.

Who gapped that thing? Exquisite work. Amazing what a few meals and a Diet Dr. Pepper IV will buy these days.

I'm tellin ya, that guy we got from the temp service did a great job, glad you suggested it. :hmm, Actually, Sluggo got mad skillz, :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hat's off to whoever cleaned that windshield: that's one clean sucker!

Nice lookin' Mustang!

By the way, those rear tires look friggin awesome. I ordered one of those wheelrite tools so I can make damn sure I order the right tires and wheels. I will measure after I roll the lips and install the 4 link, which should be here tomorrow!!!!! I'm hoping I can run a 295 or bigger.

Rick,
There's nuttin wrong with your camera. It's just all that smoke that was coming from Sluggo's smoke stack ciggy.

:rof

"Mustang Mike" said:
By the way, those rear tires look friggin awesome. I ordered one of those wheelrite tools so I can make damn sure I order the right tires and wheels. I will measure after I roll the lips and install the 4 link, which should be here tomorrow!!!!! I'm hoping I can run a 295 or bigger.

Be sure you check the front inside as well

Back