• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Track day Wed Aug 11th.

A

Anonymous

Supposed to be 100 degrees at the track Wed. With only a 10% chance of rain I might FINALLY get on track for the 1st time this year. I think the generator and fan will be in attendance too!

Rick, you're a DEAD man if it rains.

I will help you bury him. (Will that kind of helping a member out get me the JohnPro award?)

It is a sad year when the two guys that get you involved in track day (Mark and Dan) have yet to participate in a track day.

It will be good to see Mark with a smile on his face as he gets back on the track.

Thanks Ricky, the rain is coming down as I type! It's a good thing your timing is off. [nb]I bet that's not the first time you've heard that :lol[/nb] It'll be dry for tomorrow :pbj :naug :tigg :5

Who was it that was selling that gun..... it rained today, Mark hasnt posted in hours, how long is the drive from BFE Kansas to Dallas?

He is headed to Texas with a car load of guns and ammunition, including the 50 cal..

It rained after the first session and Mark is pissed. You must have some sort of profanity filter on your voice mail because it would not let him leave a message.

Mark was running slicks and no wipers so he could not go out.

I was able to run three sessions but the second one was with a wet track. You get a quick lesson in car control when you put your foot to the floor at 65 mph and the backend comes around. The track was fine for the third session.

I was running with a good group, Ferrari F430, Porsche 911, Porsche Cayman S, ..

We had a blast.

I will let Mark take it from here.

No complaining here, I've already hired the hitman and it's outta my hands :pbj

As stated by Skip, the day started out with promise. Weather looked great [nb]got blind sided[/nb], car was ready to go [nb]that turned out to be not correct[/nb] and it was HOT.

Unloaded the car and snapped a quick shot of the new & the old.

IMG_3248Large.jpg

Then I heard this beauty roll thru the tunnel [nb]they really do have an unmistakable exhaust[/nb] No, not the pos vette.

IMG_3249Large.jpg

IMG_3250Large.jpg

IMG_3251Large.jpg

Then I gave John a final track day tribute. He rode with me during the first session.

IMG_3252Large.jpg

and

that's when it went South. As soon as I got out on track I felt a vibration at high speed. I spent the next 2 laps trying to figure out where it was coming from. IIRC, it appeared around 5,000 rpm in 4th gear. Came back in, removed the rear tires, drums, checked the driveshaft and U joints. Nothing really looked out of whack. Put it back together and waited for the next session. Just as I'm sitting in the hot pits it starts raining again. As I pull out onto the track, it dumps and rains all the way around the track. Not a sprinkle mind you, the skies opened up as if to say :bird
I slowly drive around the track (no wipers) and bring it back to the trailer. Get out of the car and cut loose a series of profanity laden gibberish directed towards Rick :ecit

At this point the track has running water in a couple places and I decided that enough was enough. It was obvious that I am not meant to be on track this year.

Back to the good stuff.

That Ferrari sounded AWESOME on the track. Coolest car that I've seen since I started going! Skip was doing quite well also. He probably learned more car control in the rain than he would have at multiple dry days!! The PJ sounded really good on the front straight, might need to uncork that bad boy at the track :wm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice F430 but the Ferrari 458 Italia puts it too shame in looks and performance, I saw in on Top Gear its a crazy car. Sorry to hear about ur track day I was hoping to watch some new mustang racing videos :amaz

I have some video of me driving in the rain at a turtles pace, it's super exciting.

Glad you made it to the track, sorry to hear about the rain though.

Nice to see John made it out with you, without a doubt a great tribute.

Here's a pic one of my corner worker friends sent me from last night. Anyone notice that background? That is what the weather people in Kansas consider a 10% chance of rain.

@$$ holes [nb]Yes, that includes you Chia Pet[/nb]

_MG_6538TC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"silverblueBP" said:
I wonder why there are no pics of me????

Look at the latest sig. pic (truck and trailer) you acquired....that shows where yours is at.....

Back