• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

trademark question for the Mod

S8NS 289

I noticed you have/had? a connection with shelby, the cars your company puts out are beautiful by the way, I have been building a shatty 68 coupe E car, I have been stock piling parts for a couple years now, i bought shelby trademark items that were $$, hood pins,GT350stripes,badges,ect.ect., Would it be wrong/offensive to put these on my car? because it's a coupe/restomod? I know it's a touchy subject, thanks for any input., chance-

I haven't seen Jason around for a while so I'll chime in...

If you are a business and begin building and selling cars with CS trademarked items attached then you will get a cease and desist letter from the folks over at CS.

If you are a private individual building yourself a car, they dont seem to mind if you use these items on your own car or selling the car with the items attached.

Basically, if you are seen to be trying to cash in on CS they get upset.

thanks jhonny, and tarafied, i will just use the stuff,I did not want to offend anyone with a real shelby or Elley with my mutt..

Trust me, as an owner of a mutt Elly Coupe, it will offend almost every one. The Shelby guys hate Eleanor and clones, Mustang purists hate Eleanor, "restomods" and Coupes, Chevy guys hate Fords and Mopar guys hate everything. Nobody cares what ricers think but I'm pretty sure they won't like it either. Just build what you like!

"Johnny M" said:
I haven't seen Jason around for a while so I'll chime in...

If you are a business and begin building and selling cars with CS trademarked items attached then you will get a cease and desist letter from the folks over at CS.

If you are a private individual building yourself a car, they dont seem to mind if you use these items on your own car or selling the car with the items attached.

Basically, if you are seen to be trying to cash in on CS they get upset.

Wow late reply. OK your right touchy subject....
Plead the 5th

:beer

Back