• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tried to Break It

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Took the car out of the garage last night. Been weeks since I drove it. Got nearly 700 miles on it now so decided it was time to get on it a bit. Up until now the hardest I had hit it was maybe a quick 3/4 throttle blip. Wanted to let the rear gears and trans work themselves in a bit as recommended.

Got myself front row at a red light on a nice open stretch of road and let it rip. For shame, I know. Didn't do a full high RPM drop off the line, more like a quick clutch dump at 3 grand and wound it up to only 5k at the shifts. Happy with the performance. :)

Some takeaways. The Caltracs do their job. Car launched very well and straight. Had some tire spin but that's expected on the street with the tires it has. The shift into second was NICE. Had to feather just a second but it hit hard and WENT. Hammered into third and found out it had more than enough to break the tires loose and send them up in smoke. Laid an impressive dual stripe for a bit before letting it grab in fourth.

If I can get another good day/night when I'm home I plan to give it another go before calling it a season. I need to get someone to come along so I can get some video of the fun.

I'm going to be in trouble next spring with this thing!

You know the rules by now, pics or it didn't really happen.

Glad to hear that it's performing as expected.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

You know the rules by now, pics or it didn't really happen.

Glad to hear that it's performing as expected.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I’m sure he’ll post some lameass blurry video with terrible sound soon.

Mark

Back