• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Trunk Carpet Kit by Distinctive Industries

Do they make a FB kit? I really wanna finish out my trunk but damn if everytime I look at it I get overwhelmed just lookin at.....

I've got a trunk carpet kit but it required some effort to get it all to work. First, when I bought mine a year and a half ago, Distinctive did not make a kit that fit a '67 fastback. NPD however was selling the Distinctive fastback kit as fitting a '67 fastback. Of the pieces in the kit, the floor and the quarter side panels fit fine. Nothing else fit at all. A call to NPD resulted in Distinctive making specific '67 fastback pieces and drop shipping them to me. (kudo's to Eric at NPD in Ventura, CA for his customer service). This shipment netted me the 5 pieces that covered the tail panel, taillights and gas filler. The pieces that go on either side of the trap door were not even close. I chose to complete the kit myself by making cardboard patterns of each side and getting a local trim shop to bind the edges of some scrap carpet and all is well. Don't know if or when Distinctive will make a complete kit that actually fits a '67 fastback. The earlier link in this thread to Sacramento Mustang has no listing for a '67 fastback.

Here's what it looks like
IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics Jeff. Looks like I'll be building from scratch. I need a flat panel in front of the trap door to mount the amp, don't want to give up any already limited trunk space by mounting on the floor. I dread making the patterns, anyone got some they want rent/sell or give to the needy?

I contacted DI today and they do make the entire kit for all of the cars mentioned plus the 67-69 fastbacks. They also make a kit for the 70-73 coupes. I called SM and they were not aware of this and I will be having a kit sent to me soon. You have to call them and verify. Its like anything else with these cars. Ask a question, get an answer then ask for a second opinion. Make a decision then punt. So far its working for me and to be honest after they way my handled on the highway in the rain today I know its paying off real well. So far all of my power and suspension mods have made a all round road worthy car. Just a bit more and it will be up to todays standards.

Im currently carpeting my own trunk i went to a local auto upholstery store got some carpet bought a rubber trunk mat at cal mustang tested that out in the trunk made some small adjustments then we traced that onto the carpet and thin ply wood cut it out put it together fits awesome the rest should be easy to do as well maybe a couple hours to get it fitting right and figuring out how to put my golf bag spare tire and 10inch sub and amp in there ~id

less clubs no way i got my 14 clubs in the bag. The clubs fit with the spare tire in there i just need to get creative with the box it will be on hte left side in front of the trap door. if all fails i can aways put them on top of the rear fold down seat

Back