• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

trunk lid tension bar tool

ko67

I have read enough about trunk lid tension bars to know that the job is easier with the correct tool. I know that I can buy one, but I think I only need to do this once. Does someone in the DFW area have a trunk bar tool that I can borro for an afternoon? Drop me a note or PM if so.

Always working in the "rear" of something.........but, I will say I got some real nice upholstery in the mail for vert. rear seat side panels for a project.

I think if he laid the bodies down it wouldnt be an issue, putting them in the trunk on all fours is causing the trunk to not close right.

There's a TOOL to use?? I just thought you twisted till it almost makes it, then it slips and spins around breaking any bone that happens to be in the way. At least, that's how it worked for me.

BTW, I am referring to the trunk torsion rod.

"silverblueBP" said:
I just thought you twisted till it almost makes it, then it slips and spins around breaking any bone that happens to be in the way.

I knew a girl like that.

Back