• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

trying to track down a power for aermarket ac issue.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Since the shop that installed my Classic Auto Air system last summer went out of business, I need to figure out why my ac quit working. I do not have power to the AC switch. I have checked all the fuses I have seen so far and they are all good., I found a short in the wire that went to the compressor and have fixed that. I see something plugged into a factory light blue wire with a red stripe. What does the light blue wire with a red stripe go to on the under dash harness?

I am trying to follow the wiring but the shop that installed the AC failed to give me the manuals and when I realized it, they had thrown them out. Any other hints?

It is possible that when gas pressure isn't enough ( leak ) you don't get current to the AC switch.

Most system are developed that way that you need gas pressure to run the compressor.
No gas means that the switch gets no current so the compressor wil not engage , to protect it from running dry.

Found it, the fuse I replaced was also bad. It looked good and was new but the meter showed it was an open circuit. Put in a new fuse and I now have COLD AC! Thanks for all the help.

Back