• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tuesday bitch session

blue65coupe

I think it's high time everyone gets a chance to just bitch. So let's hear it. The first topic of bitching will be: What do you have against facebook, myspace, twitter, etc? Why don't you like it?

The only one I use is facebook. I dont mind it, its helped reconnect with old friends and family and see what people have going on. The only down side I had was when I was seeing one person and once my ex saw that there was a new person she posted a bunch of pictures of her and I together and then tagged me in the photos so the new girl could see them. Then it became a sparring match between the two of them. It was kind of funny to watch, but became a real PIA.

"Fast68back" said:
The only one I use is facebook. I dont mind it, its helped reconnect with old friends and family and see what people have going on. The only down side I had was when I was seeing one person and once my ex saw that there was a new person she posted a bunch of pictures of her and I together and then tagged me in the photos so the new girl could see them. Then it became a sparring match between the two of them. It was kind of funny to watch, but became a real PIA.

Remove the ex as a friend and block her....then send her a nice message telling her to grow up and get a life.

Facebook, myspace, twitter and etc would take away from my time on the mustang boards. I also have enough reasons to not get stuff done on my Mustang now without them adding to my internet time.

I spend enough time in front of a computer, even excluding the highly productive time I spend here :craz

At the urging of one of my sisters, I got on her facebook page one time - Yeah, there were lots of posts from relatives & such. But, most were drivel about what happened at the grocery store or some such crap. No need to spend more on a computer, especially so I can find out somebody is mad about the quality of veggies this year. And I especially don't need to know about their mad farmville skilz :wtf

My Brother and his wife and two of my daughters were having just this discussion. We were talking about facebook and myspace and after about 15 minutes of us laughing about what people post on their wall, my brother said, someone should just post "I Like Tacos" and see what happens.

So I did. Now it is a running joke on my facebook page about I like tacos and the taco tour 2010.

Mel

I tried MySpace for a bit, until I started getting messages from people wanting to show me naked pictures of themselves. Might have been ok if they were women. :scar

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I tried MySpace for a bit, until I started getting messages from people wanting to show me naked pictures of themselves. Might have been ok if they were women. :scar

Frank

TMI :ga :lol fd

Myspace is a pedo menu. Not to mention the everyone gets to customize their site with flashy, irritating bullshit.
Twitter is for self centered assholes who think everyone needs to know when they go get coffee, or to the store, or take a shit. Guess what? No one cares about you lame ass life. Get over yourself and get the hell off the Internet. Was that less than 140 characters?
I'm on fb, but still find it annoying. Bullshit interface, notifications whenever anyone does anything, requests for games I have no care in playing.

So yea, fuck all of em.

I like facebook. It has given me an opportunity to catch up with old friends that I otherwise never would have talked to again. I agree with the wall crap. I hate being invited to play farm ville and such.

I don't mind FaceBook. I was on it a lot more at first. But now it's just "there". It got old pretty quick for me.

"Tony R" said:
I like facebook. It has given me an opportunity to catch up with old friends that I otherwise never would have talked to again. I agree with the wall crap. I hate being invited to play farm ville and such.

+1

You can block the invites to applications completely if you want. I know I did....

"Tony R" said:
I hate being invited to play farm ville and such.

Good grief, people PLAY "farm"?

Hop a flight or take a drive to Kansas and I'll let you do the real thing for free.

My bitch is that swmbo spends way to much time on facebook and then wants to meet up with her old friends and I am like ehhh. I don't mind it so much except that she should be cooking/cleaning/taking care of me... :cry

"silverblueBP" said:
Good grief, people PLAY "farm"?

Hop a flight or take a drive to Kansas and I'll let you do the real thing for free.

You know whats messed up? My buddy who GREW UP ON A CATTLE FARM is addicted to farmville. I cannot comprehend why...unlike some of the BMW driving sorostitute "daddy's girls", he knows that its a PITA in real life, which ought to make the game look hilarious?

Back