• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

turn signal cancel cam replacement?

tarafied1

My 67 broke the cancel cam in one direction so the turn signal won't stay on. I pulled the steering wheel today and saw the little plastic peace broke off of the cancel cam. I see that you can replace the cancel cam, has anyone done it?
Looks like a PITA. Maybe a whole TS switch would be better? I replaced it a couple years ago so it's a repop.

I think there is a semantics issue here. The cam is the device on the back of the steering wheel that causes the lever or plastic piece on the turn signal switch to go back to its original position. I don't believe the turn signal switch itself can be repaired, but I can be wrong (just ask the wifey!).

this is what broke on mine. I was just wondering if anyone has successfully changed one. Looks like they were not made to come apart. I'd hate to screw it up worse trying to fix it
!Bl7f6hQBmk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEtKdqeq5LBLdtbYZb!g~~_12.JPG

Yeah I'm curious if it's easy to replace. My right turn signal doesn't work unless I hold it up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Back