• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Turn Signal Function

hivewax

for my '66, when i use the turn signal lever, i have to manually turn it off. is this what came stock or does it automatically turn off when you straighten the wheel? i've heard the alignment can make the turn signal not function properly.

TIA

There's usually a little ring that goes on the bottom of the steering wheel with two bumps. These bumps hit the cancel protrusion on the turn signal switch. If your wheel is aftermarket, some use rolled pins in place of the little ring.

If the ring or the pins are missing, nothing will cause the turn signal switch to return, except the digital version, which you are already using.

"Midlife" said:
There's usually a little ring that goes on the bottom of the steering wheel with two bumps. These bumps hit the cancel protrusion on the turn signal switch. If your wheel is aftermarket, some use rolled pins in place of the little ring.

If the ring or the pins are missing, nothing will cause the turn signal switch to return, except the digital version, which you are already using.
72_13_02_09_8_35_52.jpg

72_13_02_09_8_35_08.jpg

The ring in the switch with the pin in it rotates with the steering wheel. It also has lobes on it to disengage the ratchet looking part of the switch that holds it in position when you use it. As mid said, if your wheel doesn't have a place for it or the pin is missing, it won't cancel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back