• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Under dash harness

monkeystash

Can I assume these are grounds? If so, any problem grounding them to the dash supports behind the gauges?

grd1.jpg

grd2.jpg

Also, is there any pictures or diagrams that can tell me where all the wires go on this harness? Most seem self explanatory, but there are some that have me puzzled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all grounds are black wires; the one with a joined white and black wire is from the wiper motor system. The second looks like it is black/green on one wire; if so, that's your ACC line and goes on the screw post on the back of your ignition switch.

Just keep shooting pictures of what you can't figure out, and I can pretty much tell you where to put 'em...heh heh.

"Midlife" said:
Almost all grounds are black wires; the one with a joined white and black wire is from the wiper motor system. The second looks like it is black/green on one wire; if so, that's your ACC line and goes on the screw post on the back of your ignition switch.

Just keep shooting pictures of what you can't figure out, and I can pretty much tell you where to put 'em...heh heh.

Thanks Mid. Is the joined white and black wire from the wiper motor system a ground? Otherwise, I don't know where it goes.

Does the harness have any grounds?

I'll be taking you up on that offer by the way... :wor

Sorry...yes: the black and white joined wire is the wiper ground.

There's one other ground for a 65/66/67: a small ring connector on a black wire for the CVR.

The radio has a ground (mounting strap); and most lights use the dash cluster or the dash itself as the grounding plane.

"Midlife" said:
Sorry...yes: the black and white joined wire is the wiper ground.

There's one other ground for a 65/66/67: a small ring connector on a black wire for the CVR.

The radio has a ground (mounting strap); and most lights use the dash cluster or the dash itself as the grounding plane.

Great, thanks. CVR??? Cockpit Voice Recorder? I see the wiper ground and black wire in this picture:

IMG_1756.JPG]

CVR: Constant Voltage Regulator, the little box on back of the dash that provides power to the gauges.

The picture is too small for me to see anything useful.

Thanks for posting that Kat. I found the diagram for '65 (Falcon style) too, which lacks the CVR ground. That must be why I couldn't find one on my harness.

Back