• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Under dash wiring question

hawthorne

I just changed the under dash harness on my 65 to a 66 harness and have it all finshed except for 3 wires that i cant figure out where they go! They are located about the center of the glove box. All three have a flat spade connector.they are white with red stripe,a solid yellow,and 2 wires into one connector solid blue and red with white stripe.thanks in advance for your help.

The yellow is your heater box connection (there's a separate subharness from the heater switch to the heater box...the left-over male spade on the box is where the yellow line attaches).

The other wires sound suspiciously like the connections for the emergency flasher can. I'll bet the "blue" wire is actually blue/white and has continuity with the cigarette lighter.

I have a spare white/red wire in my '66 as well. I've never found it in any wiring diagram, anywhere. To this day, I still have no clue what it's supposed to feed.

"johnpro" said:
I have a spare white/red wire in my '66 as well. I've never found it in any wiring diagram, anywhere. To this day, I still have no clue what it's supposed to feed.

That's on the driver's side, right? Yup...no idea what it was supposed to feed either. I think Ford pulled the e-flasher harness off of another model to save a couple of pennies.

"Midlife" said:
That's on the driver's side, right? Yup...no idea what it was supposed to feed either. I think Ford pulled the e-flasher harness off of another model to save a couple of pennies.

Yes, mine is on the driver's side.

Back