• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Universal Parts Inc.

A

Anonymous

I ordered an alum shroud & 15"-6 blade fan to fit my Northern Race Pro alum radiator this past Wednesday, they arrived Saturday (3 days) and had them installed by the afternoon. They were quick to respond to my questions and they arrived sooner than I expected. Good quality parts to boot....what more could I have asked for!
I had intended to make a fiberglass shroud and even had made the template, but when I came across these guys and saw how cheap the shroud was, I decided to buy and modify instead of making it from scratch.

Anyone need a 17" steel 6 blade fan?

Universal Parts Inc.

Aluminumshroud.jpg

I still need to cut the top bolts down to the correct length, but you catch the drift! The kit came with some 3" wide stock to make the round extension that would cover the fan, but I would have to either shorten the spacer or really modify the shroud for it to work. As it sits now, the fan sticks out from the shroud 3/8". I decided I'd leave it as is till I get a chance to see if it fixes the engine getting warmer while idling. Maybe I'll get to that part Monday afternoon!

Now......... :bird

"Fast68back" said:
Seems like a lot of $ and work just to try and catch that PT crusier, no? :sb

I've already accepted that it will NEVER happen, I just don't want the car to overheat while parked at the trailer dreaming of it.

Did I mention........ :bird

Back