• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Unknown Wires

Fordman302

So I'm replacing all my wiring in my 67 coupe and am currently installing a CJ Classics under dash harness with Tach and fog light wiring. I have these two wires that weren't on the original harness and I have no idea where they go. They almost look like a ground but are blue with black stripe and no wiring diagram I look at has them. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Attachments

• 20200114_172939.jpg
    20200114_172939.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 19
I don't know but we have an electrical guru at stangfix.He will shim in.
Could it be console illumination ?

Those are for foglamps, and attach to the circuit breaker for foglamps.

Thanks guys! I have one more wire I don't know where it goes. This is part of the head light harness with fog light wiring. Its black with blue stripe. It comes out close to the voltage regulator but not sure where to hook it up.

Attachments

• 20200115_165035.jpg
    20200115_165035.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 12
Black/blue shouldn't be in the engine compartment. That said, that is a repro harness, and wire colors aren't always what they should be. Ring connectors are usually associated with grounds, so I suspect it is the ground lead for the fog lamps. You'll need to check continuity between the ring connector and the fog lamp plug to verify.

One of the two ring connectors on your first photo (interior of car) is always hot and not fused, so if you do not run foglamps or do not have it connected to the circuit breaker, please wrap the ring connectors with electrical tape to prevent shorts. This ring connector is one of the few exceptions for ring connectors not being grounds.

Black/blue shouldn't be in the engine compartment. That said, that is a repro harness, and wire colors aren't always what they should be. Ring connectors are usually associated with grounds, so I suspect it is the ground lead for the fog lamps. You'll need to check continuity between the ring connector and the fog lamp plug to verify.

One of the two ring connectors on your first photo (interior of car) is always hot and not fused, so if you do not run foglamps or do not have it connected to the circuit breaker, please wrap the ring connectors with electrical tape to prevent shorts. This ring connector is one of the few exceptions for ring connectors not being grounds.

Thanks! I was also assuming it was a ground but wasn't 100% sure. I will check the continuity and see what it says.

I will have it hooked up to the circuit breaker so we are good. Thanks for your guy's help! Really appreciate it!

Thanks! I was also assuming it was a ground but wasn't 100% sure. I will check the continuity and see what it says.

I will have it hooked up to the circuit breaker so we are good. Thanks for your guy's help! Really appreciate it!

You were correct. I just tested it and it does connect to the ground at the fog lamp connector

Back