• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Updated the interior!

Tungsten

Decided to finally get around to painting my dash and installing my new steering wheel and gauge cluster. Pretty much took me all day but it was well worth it. The gauge kit is made by MP Products and my Wife bought me the steering wheel from Mustangsunlimted for our anniversary. I plan on either recovering my stock seats or putting in a set that I have laying around. (might sit higher than I like).

Before: YUK!
4715311837_a3b8ba9a98.jpg

During...:
4715956418_eefc666c09.jpg

Self etching primer:
4715315139_e1655e0e6b.jpg

Painting Black (still wet)
4715958526_f23cb3b73c.jpg

Almost done, Still have to install the radio bezel and finish mounting the dash pad.
4715318127_5b0a39467c.jpg

4715320315_8bebaa3b9e.jpg

4715325159_0e92fdcc9d.jpg

You did a great job. It looks very, very good! A huge improvement.

Hey, do you have some pics of the outside of the car? I kinda like the concept of the '69/70 bolt on scoop on the '65. I'd love to see more of it.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Looking good! Lovin' the gauges! :10

Thanks, I really like the scoop so far. I have a hole cut in the hood and normal round air filter with a filter top on it.
IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used those gauges in the past with the black/chrome bezel. Very nice setup. You did good. I am with John on the hood scoop. Always wondered how that one looked on the 66.

The hood scoop really works on your car. I think it looks even better because of the side scoops. If nothing else, it's different than the old Shelby scoop that you always see. do you have the turn signals hooked up in it?

I'm not sure how it would look with your stock radiator grill, but they make a billet grill for the '69/'70 scoop. It would definitely look cool on your car if you ever went to a billet grill. Here's the billet grills on my '69:

170_22_06_09_8_02_57.jpg

Excellent stuff! It's way cool how you make just a few simple changes and it makes such a big difference! Love the outside pics, too! :10

"johnpro" said:
The hood scoop really works on your car. I think it looks even better because of the side scoops. If nothing else, it's different than the old Shelby scoop that you always see. do you have the turn signals hooked up in it?

I'm not sure how it would look with your stock radiator grill, but they make a billet grill for the '69/'70 scoop. It would definitely look cool on your car if you ever went to a billet grill. Here's the billet grills on my '69:

170_22_06_09_8_02_57.jpg

Nice! I have thought about putting some sort of grille on the scoop.. Where did you get the grille for the scoop?

Back