• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Upgrade to Intermittant Wipers

Couple comments on the article. When I did it, my male connector would not align with the new switch's female connector so I simply used the male connector from the new switch which I had obtained when I removed the setup at the junkyard. and inserted my original wires into it. The key it to identify each wire as well as each connector in the female socket of the new switch.

Also I had no problem hooking up the washer. Did not have to modify the pin out.

"sigtauenus" said:
Are there any options yet for 67-68?

Over on VMF, we dreamed up a setup for the 67-68 cars using the 1980s control box with a switch from an early 80s Econoline. Looks like it should be a no brainer; the switch is the tricky part, and that one looks so similar to the stock unit its scary. *But* no one has actually done it, so far as I'm aware.

I don't remember the verdict on the 67-68 wiper motor, I know the newer (ie. 69+) units more or less plug right in, but I don't know anything about the 67-8 motor.

Maybe craig can shed some light on the subject?

This could get interesting. Ill get this switch today and follow up.
This is a 1985 econoline switch
getimage.php

Awesome! Can't tell off-hand if the pins line up on the back, but looks interesting.

This is one of those options that really makes a car more enjoyable to drive. Not that we drive these things in the rain all the time, but for a daily driver, it sure makes a difference.

Back