• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Urgent- anyone have a SBF block they can measure for my engine cradle build?

The Pro-Flo was returned for a full refund. The first one had a bad sensor and a bad ECU and Edelbrock provided an RMA# and a second complete unit. The second one ran flawlessly for a month and then began to miss and pop, and after a month of entirely too many frustrating encounters with the overmatched technicians at the Edelbrock help desk, was returned as well. There’s a lot of Chinese crap parts that ship with that otherwise promising EFI kit. Maybe someday it’ll get there. Or Holley may roll out a multi-port of their own to compete.
It’s been running flawlessly with a 750 carb ever since.

I am sorry to hear that as I was leaning in the same direction for my 408 build. Since my 408 block seems to be no good I may go back to a 302 with Ford's SEFI that I have had good luck with in the fastback.

There are other options ya know. If you really want something you can do tuning on to get the most out of it a stock Ford OEM system is not the way to go.

No need to tune when it runs like a striped ape right from the get go. Ok, so I did have the computer warmed over but not a single stumble or complaint for the last 10 years. Sits for months and fires and idles on the first revolution of the key each and every time

What I have learned over the years is, that an EFI system first needs a very solid charging system and very good ground wires.And constant fuel pressure.
Keep the ECU cool and away from any possible HF interference. Is also very important .
Keping the wiring loom of that system very tight so nothing can vibrate loose/lose contact.
To begin with.

No need to tune when it runs like a striped ape right from the get go. Ok, so I did have the computer warmed over but not a single stumble or complaint for the last 10 years. Sits for months and fires and idles on the first revolution of the key each and every time
I'm sure the fastback runs great. Bet it even feels like an animal but that doesn't mean more potential may be untapped. Not saying you or anyone else should chase that last bit of high rpm HP. Just that a canned tune cannot ever best one done in the car after analyzing real operating data.

Aftermarket systems have come a long way in a short amount of time. Prices have plummeted too. Correctly installed (see Bruno's post above) they have also proven very reliable. I for one, if able to buy, install and tune an aftermarket system vs an OEM will do it every time for this reason. Having written that, my current project will be topped off with carburetors designed over 80 years ago (EFI just wouldn't be right)!

Back