• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Valve cover suggestions?

Dne'

I do want my motor to look great! I ordered an allen stainless set of bolts for the motor(intake, pan, etc), and the motor will be the same color as my car.
The one's shown below are from Johnsmustangs, here in Houston. about 119.oo.
Anyone with suggestions would be appreciated~!!
dne'

rocker_arm_e.jpg

the motor will be the same color as my car....

With the above statement in mind, I did a similar thing a few years ago with a '68 FB.

I came across a "finned" air cleaner and later the matching valve covers. The valve covers were similar to the ones you've pictured (I don't think they said "Mustang", but they had raised fins).

I had some left over BC body color paint and painted the air cleaner and valve covers. After the BC had dried, I took some 220 grit paper and sanded the paint off of the top area of the fins. I then cleared all of the pieces.

Although this picture was taken before I installed the newly procurred and painted valve covers, you can see how the the air cleaner looked when painted body color.... along with a few other pieces.

I'm really upset that I lost 1000 photos when ClubPhoto went belly up. I had much better pictures of the finished air cleaner and valve covers, but alas, they're long gone.

engineside.jpg

Ahah! I found a picture of the finished valve covers! I forgot that I'd used this picture for a VMF Mustang of the week submission 6 years ago and fortunately for me it was still in their gallery! Note the work on the fins of the valve covers....

8948183-7a55-028001e0-.jpg

To me, there is no cooler valve cover than the ones used on the GT350R. Not flashy at all, just business. I love the angled bracing on the tubes.
db065.gif

0706_mump_04_z+shelby_group_restoration+engine.jpg

Here are some fabricated sheetmetal valve covers mentioned by Darreld.

2981459_205_full.jpg

And my new Blue Thunder pent roof valve covers for the sbf.

2981459_234_full.jpg

2981459_235_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this place for custom valve covers

http://www.innovators.bz/

I think BeachPony was the one who gave me their info. I haven't personally used them, but I believe a friend of BP's did and was very pleased with the result and the price.

Brian

Your pic link isn't working any more so not sure what kind of valve cover you are looking at.
If you like these, I'd be more than happy to let you have them cheap.
I'm also here in Houston.
I'm going a different direction and these only have about 100 miles on them.
Joe

76435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, I'm so sorry, I didn't see your post! and I have been away from the computer for a while! :hide I would have bought your valve covers! :doh forgive me!
dne'

"Sportbikechick" said:
Joe, I'm so sorry, I didn't see your post! and I have been away from the computer for a while! :hide I would have bought your valve covers! :doh forgive me!
dne'

hey no problem.
saw your engine post and they really look good on it :icon_thumleft:

even if your cars not ready, be sure and join us at the Steak n Shake meet coming up soon in Houston.

Back