• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Vintage Races at Kansas Speedway, Sept 13-14

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
Heartland Vintage Racing club had its 1st race weekend at Kansas Speedway last weekend. http://www.heartlandvintageracing.com/ What a GREAT time we had. Even though I was a lowly spectator, it was still a lot of fun!

Some car pics...
Dan
IMG_4534Large.jpg

Alan
IMG_4536Large.jpg

Ronnie
IMG_4537Large.jpg

IMG_4524Large.jpg

Tony's 65 and Boss, and Jeff's Coupe
IMG_4532Large.jpg

The start of race 1 on Sunday.

There's not many things better than a cool fall weekend, the smell of race fuel, hot brakes and screaming tires of vintage iron at its limits.

Bob V, Danno and Sean also were spectators! Great to see everyone. It's been too long since I'd been to the track.

Bob also brought out his 86 Saleen. Pictures just don't do justice to the work Bob has put into cleaning & restoring the car. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor...well.....except for the master cylinder cap :p

IMG_4530Large.jpg

I think I see some dirt Bob...for shame.

IMG_4531Large.jpg

White glove tested! (better than the latex glove test, I guess! :eek: )

Great seeing all you guys! Sorry it was such a busy weekend - would have loved to closed down a restaurant or bar (or both) with you guys and caught up.
I headed to another show right up the street - 50+ cars as part of a catholic church's "ice cream social". Only one I've ever been to where beer outsold ice cream. They even had a gas-powered margarita mixer going. The priest was walking around with his iPhone5 taking pics of the nuns posing with cars. Truly weird. My buddy's 69 Mach I took home 2nd place...
69machand saleen.jpg

Back