• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welded in Midlife's rear seat brackets

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
For some strange reason the PO of Shag removed the rear folding seat brackets which are welded in that the seat hinges on. Since KBMWRS was over helping me with the exhaust manifold issue, he helped me locate and weld in the brackets that Midlife gave me a couple years ago. The interior panels you see will not be used, too trashed. But they were good for this project.

[smg id=3600]

That fold down is gonna looks comfy and sweet with a nice shag carpet on it. I think you should carpet the interior panels as well. :lol

"cmayna" said:
For some strange reason the PO of Shag removed the rear folding seat brackets which are welded in that the seat hinges on. Since KBMWRS was over helping me with the exhaust manifold issue, he helped me locate and weld in the brackets that Midlife gave me a couple years ago. The interior panels you see will not be used, too trashed. But they were good for this project.

[smg id=3600]

You put a part from Midlife in Shag? The curse of Midlife is now with you.

The seat looks to fit good.

Make sure you get ALL of your "rear" wiring done before installing any of the rear seat/rear panels.

I'm thinking about pulling my rear panels and putting some dynamat on the back of them to quiet things down a bit, maybe block some rattles. Saw yesterday in the Mustang magazine that dynamat is now offering precut/fitted dynamat for classic Mustangs. Kinda cool.

"daveSanborn" said:
The seat looks to fit good.

Make sure you get ALL of your "rear" wiring done before installing any of the rear seat/rear panels.

Unlike our favorite Eleanor Nickster, I held back from installing my sound deadening knowing that I was going to be welding. Talking about being nervous welding in a newly painted car.

Actually these brackets are just tack welded in for now. Once I find a nice set of lower interior panels, I'll do another fitment and if good, I'll then weld the brackets in for good.

I lined the backs of the fiberglass interior quater trim panels with my R-Blox (dyanmat equiv.). Made a HUGE difference not only with sound deadending, but also with structural rigidity of those old panels. Made them feel a lot stronger.

I had some left-over asphalt-like floor padding, and I cut it to fit the quarter panels forward of the rear wheel, and glued them in. It really helped to cut down road noise.

Rick,
Thanks for the great tip. I just emailed the guy. Yeah my originals were butchered and I bought some NPD fiberglass and they are gross so I returned them.

Hopefully Mr. Los Angeles has a couple nice ones.

"Fast68back" said:
Craig, you should check with this guy and see if he has any panels. http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1525886300.html I have two sets, one original, but they have speaker holes in them and the other set is plastic Scott Drake stuff, and they kinda suck, a lot...

I have purchased from this guy before, his name is Jim, really nice helpfull guy. If any Nor-Kalifornicator neads anything from him I am down in his area once or twice a month, I would be more than glad to pick it up and bring it back with me.

Note to Abe,
Keep your back seat empty.

C

I have an email to Jim, waiting for his reply.

Back