• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welding table ; )

Dne'

While in a boredom state while pondering what to do to my apache, I was at Northern Tools to buy some .35 welding wire and some tips, and I saw this welding table! backing up a bit, I was watching welding on youtube and found a few sites that gave me some good examples for welding on heavier metals. Anyway, this table is just what I've been needing! Before I'd be on the ground or wobbliing with jackstands to support my welding objects. It was on sale for 79.oo, not a steal, but makes practicing much easier! Now my garage, once again, is ever growing smaller!
; )

weldingtable.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just knew someone was going to ask this question! lol Well, I have some heavier steel here that I wanted to play with~ welding heavier stuff. I just figure I'll have an assorment of thicknesses~ the spools change out quickly enough. My other spool was the smallest .24, I may just practice on the heavier metal to see if it welds similarly. I'd like to take a class on welding to be honest, I find it to be fun for some reason! it's neat when the sound is of the buzz that's associated with a constant weld. Maybe I could advertise on CL for a pro or someone very very good at welding to give me some lessons!
As for the welding table, I don't think I could have made one as neat as this, plus buying the materials etc. I'm very pleased with it.
; )

"70_Fastback" said:
What in the heck are you welding with .035" wire?

mm, no :roll It seemed to run ok, of course I did change the tip to the correct size. I didn't see liner replacements for my welder, nor any other welders, but I didn't look terribly hard either. Seems like the weld with the larger wire is about the same as looks go, just the setting is much slower on the speed for the larger wire(makes sense), and the finer wire has a much faster speed(makes sense too). I may go to the hardware and buy some steel to practice on. ; )

"Grabber70Mach" said:
Did you get a new liner the correct size for your gun to run that wire? Nice table by the way. :thu

I don't change liner to run larger wire; just the tip.

And note, the spool drive wheels - inside the case - have to be flipped 180 degrees to run the larger wire through a larger wire groove on mine.

Back