• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Well that was fun

nymustang

I finally got my engine bay and fender aprons painted yesterday after work. It took several days of wire wheel and grinding, then several hours of cleaning and degreasing. Then initially starting with krylon 1613, the decidin I didn't like the result and sanding ad cleaning again. I ended up going with spi epoxy black. Bought an lvlp gun because my compressor is a little undersized put a water separator on it and gave it a shot. I was really surprised by how well the epoxy laid down but you definitely see more imperfections than I realized. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out and I found that the actual painting process is a lot of fun. I will post a pic later this afternoon when I am at a computer to prove my progress.

Here's one crappy photo to prove I did it. Unfortunately it was getting dark by the time I was done so the pic is a little grainy. It looks way better in person. I'll have to get some better shots next time I'm at my parent's place.

I really miss not having a project to do that to. Very fun times. Keep taking lots of pics.

"cmayna" said:
I really miss not having a project to do that to. Very fun times. Keep taking lots of pics.

After 3.5 years I would rather be driving than restoring.

Nice work on the car by the way.

Back