• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What automatic is in the 94 GT?

classicdoug

I had a 94 GT and am trying to find out which auto trans was in it. As far as I can tell, Ford used the E40D at that time in the Mustangs. Can anyone confirm this? I'm building a 65 Fastback and putting in a 4R70W and want to compare gear ratios.

Also, I remember that I ordered my 94 GT with the optional rear end, but have to go back and look at my window sticker which I still have to see exactly what ratio that rear was. Anyone remember the 2 rear ratios available with the automatic?

Thanks,
Doug

The automatic trans in a 94 GT would be an AODE. Sorry I don't know the axle ratios. Did you look at the ID tag on the rear end? It would say.

Thanks bigb427. I sold the car a few years ago, but kinda want to set my fastback up with close to the same rpm range as my 94 did. It was good in town or on the highway so I'm trying to figure out what I had. I still have the original window sticker so I pulled it out today and saw that I ordered it with an optional 3:27 rear end. The standard rear would have probably been around a 2:73 I think.

Thanks,
Doug

Back