• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What do you think did this?

I was snapping some pictures of the rear suspension and noticed this melted spot underneath the door. Any theories on what could have done this?

IMG_6623_zps5510bbd9.jpg

IMG_6622_zpsc7e22c79.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It almost looks like something melted through it. That chunk looks like a big nut is in their. Saw it and couldn't come up with any reasonable answers on my own as to why in that location.

I think the holes are from something that was mounted there and broke through the rocker.

I wonder if it could have had old thrush side pipes at one time. Support bracket could have been welded there.

maybe a PO had welded some stock there to strengthen the spot for jacking purposes? Or to cover a hole made by prior poor jack location? see if there is anything on the opposite side rocker similar.

"6t6red" said:
I wonder if it could have had old thrush side pipes at one time. Support bracket could have been welded there.
good thought. again look on the other side for the same

"6t6red" said:
I bet it had side pipes at some time in it's life and those were the attaching points

Back