• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What happened to Rush?

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
I've been sitting here the last couple hours getting all my ducks lined up for surgery on Wednesday while listening to Clockwork Angels Live on the boob tube. Every fuck'n song sounds like every other song. Geddy Lee seems to sing each song like the last....yelling into the mic. While his voice has always been very different, when did it become crap? He can still sing the words, you can hear it periodically, but mostly it's just yelling.

I am disappointed.

1980 Recorded version

I would chalk some of it up to possible hearing loss? You can't rock out in front of amp stands like that for 30+ years and not have some issues.

I thought when I read the title to this thread that you were talking about Mr. Limbaugh...

No, this is MUSIC Mid. I forgot it hadn't been invented yet when you were young.
Come on Mark. Music was too invented when Mid was young:

Egyptian-Musicians-ancient-egypt-37472670-598-395.jpg

The Imhotep Five are rockin' out!!

And here I thought we were kindred spirits, Bill. Generational thing, I guess. That or that stuff I used to smoke made it sound better...
Trust me, I feel like I'm from that era musically as that is what I listened to growing up with my dad. The doors, Jethro tull, jimi... just to name a few. Don't know never did care for their sound.

Me too. Another one I never got was AC/DC.

Wow...I am certainly not a fan of your political choices, but wow...hitting it low by not liking AC/DC? I thought every red-blooded American male knew all the words to Back in Black and Highway to Hell......damn :D

Back