• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
In honor of our soon to be new home owner, Crusty, I thought this would be a good thread also in the same spirit as the "what have you done on your stang today? thread.

So here goes, let's see some of the awesome craftsmanship out there!

Yards count, snow removal counts. this would be the place to put your pics of your tractors!!!!!!

I'll post before and after pics, but today I am building a new cabinet for the TV area....I am doing it in stages, so I am only doing the lower box, doors to follow, then towers and bridge.

Mel

I'll have to change out a few outlets, replace a couple of shingles, small crap on our inspection list. Then start packing and cleaning out the garage.

Pressure washing the mildew off of the concrete driveway. I got half done today of only the front driveway. It's exhausting work...A bit at a time...

no pictures, but I raked the front yard and raked about 150 pounds of acorns out of the back yard.

Ohhh man does it have to be 'today' because I have done a lot of stuff to my house....just not today....today I worked on a mustang.

Hi Mel, 2 weeks ago, roofed my new patio cover. Cleaning gutters this weekend, yuck!
ROOF3.jpg

ROOF4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed a new wall heater today. Tomorrow a new ceiling fan. It never ends....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Working on the sub-floor on the upstairs. Had it spray foamed lastweek.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

"DEL65" said:
Hi Mel, 2 weeks ago, roofed my new patio cover. Cleaning gutters this weekend, yuck!
ROOF3.jpg

ROOF4.jpg
Those shingles look to be installed up side down

Last edited by a moderator:
"janschutz" said:
Those shingles look to be installed up side down

Not necessarily....while appearing to be almost flat it appears that roof might have an ever so slight tip back towards the house. I wonder if the home owner is attempting to shuttle water into an existing gutter system and while the old pergola is now roofed he didn't actually tie into the existing house roof in anyway.

No pics yet, but we did get the cabinet box in. Next the top and then the doors and towers and bridge. If it all goes like it did today I won't be done until Valentine's day.....

Now for a hot soak and some tylenol!

Mel.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

"dodgestang" said:
Not necessarily....while appearing to be almost flat it appears that roof might have an ever so slight tip back towards the house. I wonder if the home owner is attempting to shuttle water into an existing gutter system and while the old pergola is now roofed he didn't actually tie into the existing house roof in anyway.

Hi Dodge, you're correct. The cover sits above the existing roof and has a slight angle back toward the roof. That way the rain water drains back toward the roof and into existing gutters.

Spent half an hour trying to get my mower running before work today. Gave up. My grass is still growing and its November. Wth.

Finished power-washing the main driveway. Found that it is easier to yank the starter pulley cord when one doesn't allow water pressure to build up in the pressure system. Just pull the water trigger, then yank the cord and it starts right up.

6 hours total to do approx. 120 x 24' of pebbled surface concrete (which I hate!). Have the front patio, the back garage, and the rear deck to do...at least it is standard surfacing. I probably have a 1/4 acre of concrete that needs to be cleaned.

Back