• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What I did this weekend...

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Got the front end pretty much assembled, most of the way, this weekend.

I had to paint the front stainless trim pieces... and this is where I strayed from the "norm". I strayed away from the Argent and just went with basic black for the grille and other associated pieces.

Gasp, I know. But I think it fits my car pretty good.

Just wanted to throw up a couple of progress pics from today. (sorry for the dupe post for some of you...)

l_541492db2daba896afbf0b6bce5295e5.jpg

l_f67aa8abd9029fdf68ce09503b775456.jpg

l_20595451fbaf4e87dbf240eaef0ad782.jpg

l_cf1dddfa497208b13b3aff0be0ed9d75.jpg

l_d75dc4eced362135af84c8d873cfb3cb.jpg

Thanks guys. That took a lot of time to to get those pieces to fit right.

And not sure of a brand name of the head lights. They were actually an eBay special, believe it or not. They are a black, "diamond cut" housing that uses the modern style 55w/65w H/L twist in halogen like found in most new cars.

The look bitchin' lit up at night :naughty

Wow the car is real ;D Looks great.. Can't wait to see it in real life. It's gonna make me wanna tear mine down and do it all over..

i feel like a real jerkoff.. I totally forgot about pics for u man. with the wedding and my school schedule, I just totally forgot. I'm really sorry. Let me know if theres anything else u need that I can help with.

Again, I didnt mean to blow you off. Im sorry

Ehh, no biggie. Don't worry about it. Once I figured out the correct screws, I managed it with no problem.

I think it turned out great.

Simply outstanding. I would love to see some photos of the hood on and the trunk lid.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Simply outstanding. I would love to see some photos of the hood on and the trunk lid.

You and me both! And Thanks!

I have to do the headliner next, then windshield, then W.S. trim, then cowl AND then hood.... getting there.

"Waffles" said:
what headlights are those? I'm going to go buy them.

Yeah, point us to those headlights?

I think the blacked out headlight would look great with my car. One question though... is the headlight beam color white or that blue color you see on new cars these days? I ask because, I had a set of those blue HEI lights, and I didn't like the blue color. I'd prefer white color beams.

Oh, and I think the painted trim looks awesome. Nice mod.

Duplicate post :naughty...J your car looks absolutely awesome!!!! I remember no too long ago when it was in paint jail and you were really frustrated. Your patience has paid off my friend. I cant wait to see that baby go down the track soon

Well, if you like black grills and bird catchers. Seriously though, the car is lookin' damn good. It's come a long way in 8 months. Very, very nice job.

Jeremy,

This look like the same lights, are they?

ebay

Great, guys got 43 pages of headlights for sale and only has 1 of these.........

Looks pretty damn close. The City light lead wires are different color though. ;)

And I didn't hook them up, I didn't like the little blue lamp.

Back