• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What is this bracket???

johnpsz

Mystery_Bracket_50.png

You can see more at 1 minute and 20 seconds of this video

There was nothing bolted to it when I pulled the rear bumper and rear valance. It looks like there is one for each side, and the side that had the damage from the previous rear collision the bracket was missing. I assume with the crappy repair of the rear of this car that whatever was supposed to be bolted to it was either removed or just not bolted back in correctly.

What is this bracket for?

Thanks,

That is so odd, my bumper guards were just screwed into the rear valance, one was bent up so much I couldn't even get to the bolt so I just pulled the valance with everything attached to it. The previous work done on the rear of this car is despicable.

However, now that I know what that bracket is, and comparing it to the rear end damage; it wasn't too bad of an accident, and just pushed that bumper support in and they bent everything back out, it probably was the kid himself that fixed it and not a shop.

So, I just ran out to the garage to verify if I wasn't losing my mind. And I wasn't, someone bolted the bumper guards just to the valance, lol.

aac50d43aaff96fe1671b9eb3857507a.jpg
1ee174fd675099d6f44e571598b40063.jpg
d3528a9e68d8bd993d3c7489cbe13f4f.jpg
503df5ad76197aab26e7893b4c1c0a43.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back