• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

what just grinds your gears?

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
I know I copied Family Guy, but let's hear what just grinds your gears!

After all this is what makes us a grumpy old fart in the first place.

I have thought about posting this thread for several days now and finally decided to just go ahead and do it. Maybe I am just bored.

So I'll start.

It grinds my gears when a Hotel/Motel will inconvenience one guest to please another! I was checked into a Hotel the other day. They had almost no cars parked there. I was with a team and we had 10 rooms in a row. I parked the bus next to our rooms to make it easy for the coach and team to get stuff from the storage bays under the bus. I was blocking only spaces we would have taken if we had all driven a car. One person complained he couldn't park next to his room because I was parked there. He was too lazy to park in the space just around the corner 20' away. So they called and told me I had to move the bus. Would they have told another person in a car to move? NO! I was parked legally, so why cause another person to park in the farthest spot from their room in order that another guest can park 20' closer. Besides the spot that was around the corner was right next to the entrance where they would have to go in and out anyway.

OK, Next?

Mel

When people send me a ticket with a problem, scream bloddy murder that it's an emergency and need it fixed NOW. Go to the site, just to see that this person has either A. gone on vacation, B. figured it out and never cancelled the call, C. that they're too fucking stupid to realize that there isn't a problem and it's them, because they're doing something wrong. Even though there has been numerous emails and training on how to use said application/hardware.

Oh, just to add. While I'm working on an actual problem, they have to tell me their life story on how hard their life is and this problem is just another inconvienence to pile on to their already shitty life, which I could care less about.

So all in all, "users" grind my gears.

People that blindly forward emails and [glow=blue,2,300]Text Messages[/glow]

"blue65coupe" said:
I don't know where to start....so I won't.

Why not start with sticks that pretend to be Copperhead snakes. :lol fd

One of the many things is when I am talking to someone at a business and the phone rings and they walk away from me to answer the phone, hit hold and let it go to message----I was once in a doctors exam room discussing a concern when a nurse came in and said to the doctor he had a call, he never said sorry,it is an important call I really need to take or anything, I was in mid sentence when he walked out, my wife was with me also, I got up and said lets go, she said where are we going, I said fuck him, and walked out of the office, I stopped at the receptionist desk long enough to tell them I had better not get a bill from the jerk, I never did.

Since it's Monday and I had to put up with her all weekend I'd have to say the psycho I am married to.

I am glad it is getting to be her really busy time at work so she won't be home much and she'll be out of my hair.

I think I posted this somewhere else, but for me it's people who take their sweet time to cross the street when they're jaywalking. They know damned well the cars will stop for them, why should they hurry! :po

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I think I posted this somewhere else, but for me it's people who take their sweet time to cross the street when they're jaywalking. They know damned well the cars will stop for them, why should they hurry! :po

Frank

If they're not in a crosswalk..... try this.......... beep your horn. I don't mean to "toot-toot" it, I mean to actuate it by placing your elbow on the horn button and don't let go of it until 30 seconds after they've finished crossing. That'll get their dumbass attention.

When I had my 84GT with a center mounted parking brake handle, I would lock up the rear brakes and make them think it was really close. It would scare the shit outta them and make em run! Haven't really had the need since I moved to Kansas, especially since I don't get out much anymore.

The Foci are crap about locking up the rears, If it was still necessary, I'd do some adjustments.

When you are staying at a hotel/motel and you have arranged with the front desk for a late check out and the stupid housekeeping staff have to knock on the door and ask if you are leaving! Then they have their supervisor call the room phone and wake you up to ask if you are staying, when you told their dumbass you had a late checkout anyway!!!!!

WTF, Can't they communicate with one another? Or doesn't the front desk speak Mexican! Not Spanish, but Mexican. There is a difference!

Sometimes as a driver I have to sleep right to the last minute so I can drive all night. These interruptions make me tired and could make me unsafe on the road!

Mel

"nymustang" said:
Calling customer service and getting NO option to talk to a human being.

Calling customer service and entering your phone number, account number, ZIP code, birth date, first three letters of your mothers maiden name, last 4 of SSN and then a human DOES come on the line and asks for all of this information again. WTF? When I entered it the first time was that just a test to see if I was going to get pissed off or not? Guess what, it worked! I'm pissed at your stupid automated system and now have no-one to take it out on but your sorry ass.

going to use a credit card at the store, you try and hand it to the clerk, they point aimlessly at the little box for you to slide it yourself, and then after you put it back in your wallet, they need it to put in the security pin or check the signature. If you were going to ask for it in the first place, take the damn card and slide it yourself.

Rude smokers who think that the planet is their ashtray. You have one in your car use it. If you are outside find a trash can, if you cannot find one field strip it and put the butt in your pocket. Yes I know that it is your God given right as an American to smoke, fine kill yourself, I just do not want to smell it. fd

Back