• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What to have media blasted?

abrahamfh

Hello again everyone.

To blast, or not to blast: that is the question.

Just looking to make sure I am making the right decision here. I plan on taking care of Fred's front clip, floor/undercarraige and the dash myself.

I am certain that I need the roof, rocker panels, quarter panel, cowel panel and trunk area blasted? Does that sound about right or am I missing something? I just want to start callling some places and get somewhat of a quote so I know how much I have to save up to through the next stage.

Oh yeah, and if anyone has some tips on how the conversation should be carried so I dont sound like a total dumb arse I would appreciate that too. LoL

b0229287.jpg

I would blast everything you can. Much nicer working with clean metal.

I would go to a shop that you have references from. I have heard of so much damage done by poor quality blasting. I would also make sure the shop is in agreement on the time frame and if damage is done, they cover it. I have seen where improper blasting can warp the metal into non repairable status. Maybe see if the blaster will come to your house to look first. Save a trip if you don't like them. Also, there will be media in every spot you can imagine. Clean well before painting or there will be crap in the primer and paint.....

Thanks Pete, so far I got one quote for 900 blasting only or 1200 to blast and primer the roof, rocker panels, quarter panels, cowel panel and trunk area.

Back