• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

what type of fastner goes here?

Dne'

Im soon to hopefully install my instrument dash permanently, this hole has me stumped. The right side of the dash has a stud and nut, but the left side of the bezel has a deep recessed hole and would afix to the metal part shown here. Kind of a dumb question. It wouldn't be able to a clipnut. thanks,
dne'

adashhole.jpg

A picture is worth a 1000 words, it's a metal clip that is made for a screw to go into. uses that rectangular hole next to the round hole.
index.php

Man I'm getting old, Craig beats me again!
As you can see it clips on from the 10 o'clock position. I even popped it out to get a pic since there are different clips, hope I can get that bastage back on w/o dropping into the no-man's land behind the dash...it secures the corner of your cluster.
IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Jon

Good grief! now I feel like a geek! lol I didn't even notice the other opening near the hole! As soon as I get my mint tach from MU, I'll put my dash in! YOu're so sweet!! thank you!! just out of curiosity, what is does the toggle switch operate in your photo?
dne'

"Dne'" said:
just out of curiosity, what is does the toggle switch operate in your photo?
dne'

I was afraid you'd notice that, it's a very rare owner installed on-off-on switch that functions as the turn signal switch....didn't want to spend $100 on a new one for my '67 column as I converted to a '68 collapseable anyway and the new one would have been a waste of money as they're different 67/68. I felt much safer for the 6mos. I drove it being able to turn the TS on at a stop sign to let other drivers know what I was doing. Soon it will be removed if my '68 one works.

I have the MU mini tach too, got the 8K, wish I would have stuck with the 6K as the range is more spread out and easier to read. It's a nice piece though, pefect for my auto car, if I had a stick I might have figured out how to fit a 5" one in the dash. Did you get new lenses so you can put one over it that doesn't have the clock hole? I don't think anyone sells that one seperately (w/o the hole).
Jon

I was able to use a 68 TS switch in my 67, the plug ends need to be changed but the color code is the same.
I also used a lens cover from from an edge on my center gage (which is oil pressure now) and it worked with some modifications so I wouldn't have a hole.
72_20_05_09_12_37_21.jpg

Back