• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What year is this?

The license plate kind of tells you. Duh! :p Not knowing exactly what I'm looking at in terms of the build but I'd bet they used a new Dynacorn body and not an original Ford car.
Do I see Alex Taylor's '55 in that first shot? If you guys aren't familiar, look it up. Her dad (Dennis Taylor) is an AMAZING builder. He is the real deal, do it all fabricator.

Oh my.....I would think that 99 out of 100 Mustang fans could pick out the one year only side scoop as well as the dual head light set up and know it was a 69. But what do I know?!?

Oh my.....I would think that 99 out of 100 Mustang fans could pick out the one year only side scoop as well as the dual head light set up and know it was a 69. But what do I know?!?
He is a confessed modern mustang dude. Look what makes up his stable in his sig. Younger guys view Fox bodies as the old stuff!

When I first looked at I was like duh 69 with a coyote.

But the door frame, shock towers, side mirrors and door sills are modern chassis. Not sure what year though.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

When I first looked at I was like duh 69 with a coyote.

But the door frame, shock towers, side mirrors and door sills are modern chassis. Not sure what year though.

There are several companies out there making kits to rebody a newer platform. They don't look bad, but to the vintage eye there are several things that really stand out like what you have pointed out. Lots of 53 vettes on newer chassis too. I am just not a fan. I would rather have an old one, upgraded as necessary or a new car, not a bastardized conglomeration of both.

I think too many builders feel you can't make a vintage chassis perform as well or maybe its as simple as its cheaper to do a body swap vs the labor hours to install a modern drivetrain and all the electronics into an older car. I don't know. What I do know is I agree with you that a modernized vintage chassis can hold its own just fine.

I agree.

If you want a new mustang buy one, not a fan of fitting the old body on new platform. Even if it's dynacorn or something.

I have seen the Vette versions too and they look even worse IMHO.

I am more into restomod. Keep the authentic lines with modern suspension and driveline.
From the side it looks " odd "

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

I would say a S197. Probably has a fuel door on the driver’s side, but not seen in these pics. Need to see an interior shot. I have seen YouTube of this being done. Also far worse things have been done to vintage Mustangs. So to do it to a “modern” Mustang all I can say is “whatever floats your boat.”

fd

Looks like a 69 on the outside but with the engine shoved under the dash like that, I'm going to guess it was built on 99 F-150 chassis. :cool:
Curious what the interior looks like.

Back