• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

whats everyone liking for paint care these days?

steveh326

I have been gravitating more toward sealers instead of waxes for the last year or 2. I know ceramic is all the rage but seems like more for the pros. I used Meguire's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my dually and sure liked how easy it was... but no clue how long it will last.

What's everyone liking/using these days?

I dust mine off and use show detailer. I'd need a new paint job to justify the ceramic coating.

I've found I like different products depending on the car. What works well on say a metallic gray color could be a real bear to make look good on black paint. I've got a cabinet full of Meguire's stuff and a fair share of Mother's too. Never tried any of the ceramic stuff. I get it nice and then try to keep it that way with a quick detailer, like Mike.

my car is back with the painter now getting a couple small things fixed that happened during reassembly. I always knew it would go back to him one last time so I never put anything on the paint yet. I will probably stick with Mother's/Meguiar's also, as a non-professional I really like their products.

I did try something called P&S Beadmaker on my bobber and I really like the shine and slickness on it... it may be my new go-to detailing spray once I get a coat of wax or sealer on the paint.

I am promising myself that I will have Mother's (I think that's the brand ) vendor at Hot August Nights polish my car this year at the show. Lets see what the professionals can do.

It is next to amazing what a talented detail guy can do. Really dark colors can be almost impossible, at least for me, to get right. Getting a scratch/circle free finish can take all day and still come up short. I'm thinking of having a pro do mine to start this season off and then having them maybe even maintain it. Probably cheaper by the time I consider how many hours I would waste screwing it up!

I'm in the process of using Chadwick's Paint Repair system on my 68 coupe with a power orbital polisher. It's looking great! I've used Chadwick's for several years now and really like their products. At shows, I use Maguiar's Quick Mist detailing spray.

We had our black Durango ceramic coated in 2012 and she still shines up nice.

I'm going to do the Shelby soon.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So Mel...what do you do after it has rained. Is it pure shine with no effort on your part? Do you dust it? Wipe it with water? Curious.

So Mel...what do you do after it has rained. Is it pure shine with no effort on your part? Do you dust it? Wipe it with water? Curious.
I take it to the car wash. It shines like new still.

The Shelby will get it too after I get a door ding I found fixed. I just found it this morning and my paint guy said it will cost about a grand.

Anyway, ceramic is way cool. For sure the way to go. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Mel

I take it to the car wash. It shines like new still.

The Shelby will get it too after I get a door ding I found fixed. I just found it this morning and my paint guy said it will cost about a grand.

Anyway, ceramic is way cool. For sure the way to go. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Mel

It may be worth checking into paintless dent removal. My wifes black Audi was hammered with hail and had dents in places I'd never think could be fixed without removing the paint. Sent it on to the paintless guy and the darm thing came home flawless

It may be worth checking into paintless dent removal. My wifes black Audi was hammered with hail and had dents in places I'd never think could be fixed without removing the paint. Sent it on to the paintless guy and the darm thing came home flawless
The body guy said it's too deep. It's down to primer.

I'm in the process of using Chadwick's Paint Repair system on my 68 coupe with a power orbital polisher. It's looking great! I've used Chadwick's for several years now and really like their products. At shows, I use Maguiar's Quick Mist detailing spray.

Do you use their Triple Play? What are your thoughts, the real deal or snake oil?

Fresh paint, well, a year old but it's just now seeing the light of day. BC/CC original Ford Candy Apple Red. No "WAX" yet. I used a paint prep that I got from my local paint & body shop to remove anything that might have gotten on/in the paint (wax, oils, etc) and then applied Gtechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal coating. This makes everything just slip off the car. On top of that, I use Meguiar's G14422 Ultimate Quik Detailer. I might have to up my game as the paint ob gets older and the car is exposed to more sun. For at car show cleanups, I use Meguiar's G3626 Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax followed with the Quick Detailer. For a full wash, I use Wolfgang Concours Series WG-3700 Uber Rinse Less Wash. Yes, I do rinse with a light water mist and a clean microfiber towel.

I used Mother's CMX first, after curing I followed with P&S Beadmaker top coat. applied to paint, wheels, glass, everything but the convertible top. ease of application is off the charts. shine looks excellent to me, water beading is awesome. time will tell on longevity, but got caught in 2 rain storms yesterday while driving and car cleaned up really easy. I could not apply to the rear quarters cause they were both re-cleared, but after some time will do those also.

So glad you wrote that last sentence I was all set to tell you you needed to get out to the garage and start de-waxing STAT!

lmao. I been working 7 days a week finally got this weekend off. was going to a cruise night tonight, but it got cancelled due to rain, and now calling for rain tomorrow :(

lmao. I been working 7 days a week finally got this weekend off. was going to a cruise night tonight, but it got cancelled due to rain, and now calling for rain tomorrow :(
Feel ya. Finally home myself and had a car show I planned to hit today. Show was at 3. Rain came at 2:30 and isn't supposed to stop until Monday. I hate this year so far.

Back