• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What's going on?

tarafied1

So I haven't been that active here lately, sorry. I do have a lot going on. Some Mustang related.
My company has decided to "sunset" the company car program.
So I bought a 99 Lightning, perfect right?!?! Nope. They get horrible mpg. But it's a lot more fun to drive!
My wife's 07 Mustang with a 4.0 V6 and less than 98K miles breaks a timing chain and I suspect bent all the valves. Cranks over like it has no compression. The engine has to come out because the the passenger chain is in the rear of the engine.
I have a 72 Chevy Cheyenne Super (C10). It's pretty much worn out. So I bought an 03 GMC for the 5.3 and four speed auto to put in the 72. Might be doing that sooner than later...
The 68 Road Runner made Hot Rod magazine! Still more to do but I need to get it out of the garage so I can fix my junk!
My sons have several projects going also. Helping youngest swap a V8 in his Bobcat (Pinto) wagon. Just rebuilt the 8.8 in his daily driver p71 with over 300K and we have a cruiser Pinto wagon parts car for the Bobcat
My middle son has his 04 Mach1 with a Termi motor. Still some bugs with the tune to sort out. It's just sitting in my driveway. But he is thinking of a big bad pushrod motor swap now!
My oldest son has a couple projects too. I inherited my parents 92 T-Bird, daily drove, swapped a V8 in it, etc. Gave it to him, he drove it forever but it is rusting badly! So he found a $500 92 T-Bird from the South and no rust. the 3.8 needs heads. So we are swapping the 5.0 over.
Anyway, lots goin on!

Last edited:
That's quite a project list. Good luck with all that.

For anyone else that would be years worth of unfinished projects, but I know you'll getter done.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

No solar panels for me! Way too many trees for that to work!
Some of these projects will take more time but I need two daily drivers, one for me and one for the wife. Those get priority.

" Haven't been active lately " ?? You have alot on your plate. Hope you find a very good daily driver.

awe you guys, I am not that busy!
I do miss the forum. I was travelling a lot before Covid so it was hard to keep all the projects moving forward. I got a lot done on the Road runner during my days of no travel. I am back on the road but only in the US. It's kind of nice to only change a few time zones!
My sons projects move a little slower than my own. They all have lives too.
My youngest son got married about a year and a half ago and we just found out they are expecting a baby! So his play time will significantly change!
My other two sons projects are the kind that get attention when we can squeeze them in.
I still have a a 82 Capri, another 66 Mustang and the 69 Mustang waiting in the wings.
2-6-21(3).jpg123026478_10218260003597095_1423567541645718625_n.jpg

Back