• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Who makes/Sells the Best J-Molding for 67-68

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I just bought some outer grill molding "J", for my 68. They are a piece of *#@!. They said at Dallas Mustang, "Well noone has complained before. That is *#@! also. It is worse fitting the the drip rail trim that they are selling.

Please if you have found good stuff, let me know.

I haven't found any good ones either. Is the one you have Corvex? It wouldn't suprise me. And the clips they send with them are junk also. They break in your hand.

Doug

here is what they looked like, The curve does not lay flat and sticks out at almost a 60 degree angle.

ABGrill03.jpg

I need to take a new picture of the curve straight on was blurry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self, find some originals for Shag. Have them straighten up and repolished.

Mine actually turned out pretty nice. I'll have to post some sideways pictures, but here is my grill...

Grill and molding is all repro. Fog lights and brackets original.

427_29_04_10_9_05_01_0.jpg

I used the standard corvex crap. I had to massage a few pieces to fit, but they bent easy enough with no kinking.

"sigtauenus" said:
I used the standard corvex crap. I had to massage a few pieces to fit, but they bent easy enough with no kinking.

That's kinda where I come from. No, it doesn't just fall into place, but to say it's crap is an overstatement, IMO. I was able to get mine on and looking great without too much effort. It's basically right - just needs some tweaking for a perfect fit.

Back