• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Who supplies the best 67/68 dash pad?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I know that you can get 65/66 dash pads that are used from original tooling but have not heard
anything about 67/68.

From old discussions on VMF, I think the original 67-68 tooling got trashed years ago, and that's why there are more issues with those than some other years. The good repops don't have the grain right, IIRC, but they seem to fit OK.

I got mine from NPD. Fit is nice except on the sides where is it vertical at the door pillar. It bulges out right there and metal is exposed underneath. If they had given me about 3/8-1/2" more material to tuck into the seam there I wouldn't have any issues.

I ended up re-dying my original because the new I bought did fit for shart... can't recall the brand but I got from CJ's Pony parts.

I can't really comment on the grain, I'm not familiar enough with what an original pad looks like to compare. I'm happy with it in my ignorance.

I was getting ready to make a post regarding this same topic, than I came across this.

I was looking at the Dashes Direct site and they list all the usual vendors as distributors but, NPD & Glaizier/Nolan is selling their pads for $220.00 and CJ Pony & Mustangs Unlimited is selling theirs for $150.00

From the previous posts it sounds like that these might be in fact 2 different pads these guys are offering?

I'm not sure what CJ's has going on with their prices. I'm a Dynacorn dealer, and there's a lot of stuff on CJ's website listing sheetmetal very near my cost, particularly when they have a 10% off sale. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same dashpad and CJ's is selling near cost and NPD/Glaziers is selling at a typical retail mark-up.

I have an aftermarket dash pad from California Mustang and the fit is ok. I have no idea who made it. The grain on it and the seam on the front edge look cheap in my opinion. I have contemplated having a local upholstery shop recover it for me. Do you guys know if you can cover a dash in new vinly or leather to give it a better look?

"sigtauenus" said:
I'm not sure what CJ's has going on with their prices. I'm a Dynacorn dealer, and there's a lot of stuff on CJ's website listing sheetmetal very near my cost, particularly when they have a 10% off sale. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same dashpad and CJ's is selling near cost and NPD/Glaziers is selling at a typical retail mark-up.

Mustangs Unlimited is selling their pad for $150.00 as well
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=67DPBLK+01

That's why I was questioning if there were 2 different pads out that were available.

"68EFIvert" said:
Do you guys know if you can cover a dash in new vinly or leather to give it a better look?

I could see if the guy that did my interior originally is up for the job.

mustang67017.jpg

"GTchris" said:
I could see if the guy that did my interior originally is up for the job.

mustang67017.jpg

UMMM, thanks for the offer but I will pass. Remember I say your car in person and the previous owner's handy work? :puk

I'm using Dashes Direct. Don't know if the grain is period correct but I'm very happy with it.

Mine was Dashes Direct from NPD. As I mentioned earlier in the topic, I'm happy with it, but sometimes ignorance is bliss, as I'm unfamiliar with how different what I have is from original.

Back