• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why don't these lights work!......

bwross

I've been reading the postings about issues with lights and would like to bounce something off the board. In a 67 all of the running lights are working just fine as and the parking lights are fine but there are no brake lights or turn signals. All new bulbs have been put in so I know that's not it and I'm assuming (I know what they say about making assumptions) that the wiring is good.

With regards to the turn signals the lever is such that its possible to push it into the left position but not the right so I'm assuming that the turn signal switch is going to need to be replaced. Is there any electrical tests that can be done prior to tearing the column apart?

For the brakes, is it possible to take a VOM and check the pedal switch or is there something else I'm missing?

thoughts?

Bruce

Agreed. Sounds like you need a turn signal switch regardless. Replace it and then troubleshoot any remaining problems.

Chances are you'll kill two birds with one stone.

Okay, it sounds like we have a unanimous decision.....turn signal switch it is. Thanks for the help and feedback guys.

Bruce

Back