• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why yes, Yes I am!

gwstang

Freaking spatially challenged! :char I have the damnedest time looking at something that's unusual, or very different, and figuring out how to put it together. Case in point. Installing the CAA a/c compressor, I did get the good pic of putting it together okay. But when it came time to install the belt, I kept looking at it and looking at it....ad nauseam, but did not see the way to adjust said belt??? So I'm thinking (very dangerous for me :peter ) and called the tech line at CAA. I even confused the poor guy there for a few minutes asking about purchasing an adjuster like would come on the older style '66 ac units originally. Well after about 5 minutes he said....drum roll please...what is wrong with using the T-bar adjuster. Well just damn, I wondered what that frigging T-bar with the long bolt and 2 nuts was for! Dumb-ass award of the day for sure. I can read directions, but there was no directions for adjusting the belt. I am sure they assumed (very dangerous, once again) that any idiot could see that was what the T-bolt was for! I guess I am not just "any" idiot...lol. :stu I should have just bought a case of Yukon Jack and some Wattles, then started in Panama City and left a nice trail of both all the way to my garage. Then I would be able to lure Randy and Pete up here to show me this stuff...lol :shee

We had problems aligning the belt on Pete's car...nothing terrible, it just was difficult to have good sight lines.

How's ye olde back?

Was installation as bad as we predicted?

No problem with the alignment. Yeah, the freaking back is very sore even though I removed the seats and everything in the dash. :roul It is a difficult job to say the least. I've still got to go back and install the under dash hoses. I had to take a break from being bu**- fu*%@* under there. Everything else is done! :hide

Oh man....we did those hoses as we went. We also ended up using zip ties on them to keep them on the duct work. Seemed like any movement and one would slip off.......

The alignment can be messed up real easy when doing the initial install. Once you get it, you will want to be careful with a belt change. I don't remember any info on belt adjustment either. Just don't go to tight as it is easy to do.

I had an issue with the double water pump pulley too. The one supplied from the company did not have the steel cap to provide more strength. There is a post here somewhere concerning that issue.....car towed....waiting for parts....refunds.....such fun.

And yes, a sore back is part of the job......

"Oh man....we did those hoses as we went. We also ended up using zip ties on them to keep them on the duct work. Seemed like any movement and one would slip off......"

Good info there. I did put the hoses on the unit with the zip ties before putting the under dash unit in (I had read about your experience before attempting this...lol) so they would not slip off. So all I have to do (yeah right :hide ) is just slip the hoses onto the outlets that go to the little blowers (something about that just doesn't sound right...lol) :steer The wp pulley is a powder coated steel unit, seems they have updated that to be a better part. Maybe they got tired of being blessed out by people broke down on the side of the road because of it ... IIRC you maybe?

Back