• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Will a gt 500 hood scoop graft onto an eleanor hood easily?

scubadds

Working on sheetmetal, but getting close to hanging my fiberglass E-car hood (need to redo the hinge area as they aren't staight)
I am getting fond of the gt500 look, after seeing the CR cars.
I already have an Eleanor hood, would a gt500 hood scoop graft onto a Eleanor hood without too much trouble?

I haven't seen the size of the scoops, and can't visualize where they would cover; thinking it might rest right onto some elevated area that would require massive adjustments

I figure I would have to pay lots of shipping and also the cost of a new hood and then modify gt500 hood to fit a E-car front end
I am trying to compare pictures, but figured I could ask the experts

Thanks for any replies to my random question

are you good with FG? What about, instead of trying to cut off the E-scoop and graft on a GT500 scoop, you just modify the E hood so it "looks" like a GT500 scoop? It would mostly be cutting the opening and a little building up around the front and you could have the look of GT500. I don't know, just a thought

good thought.
I am in boat building land, I have a friend that builds boats that could probably do about anything; I guess that's a good thought.

If I had the scoop in my hand, I could probably tell exactly which way is easier. Its hard to tell the proportions in pics.
I am still looking for some similar alignment shots of the two hoods and or add on scope to tell if the shelby scoop is bigger than the E scoop
Thanks for the input, once again
Bryan

I know what you mean. I wanted to do the Shelby GT500 hood but the hood clearance was more with the E hood so it must be taller. I don't know about length and width. I have seen adds for just the scoop so maybe you can get the dimensions. Also Rick (fast68back) put the GT500 scoop on his stock steel hood so maybe he could provide the info you need?

I've seen it done. I am just getting ready to sell the center section of the 67 GT 500 scoop on Ebay. It would work out perfect for what you are trying to do. Rich.

"tarafied1" said:
I know what you mean. I wanted to do the Shelby GT500 hood but the hood clearance was more with the E hood so it must be taller. I don't know about length and width. I have seen adds for just the scoop so maybe you can get the dimensions. Also Rick (fast68back) put the GT500 scoop on his stock steel hood so maybe he could provide the info you need?

Some pictures of mine
2_08_09_08_9_36_14_2.JPG

2_08_09_08_9_36_14_3.JPG

2_08_09_08_9_36_15_4.JPG

2_08_09_08_9_38_00_0.JPG

2_08_09_08_9_38_00_1.JPG

2_08_09_08_9_38_01_2.JPG

2_08_09_08_9_38_01_3.JPG

2_11_11_09_11_13_00_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Which hood do you have, the long or the short? We have a full short hood off a customers car from Texas that he has no use for and wants to sell cheap if you are interested. Rich.

I have the "regular" eleanor kit. So, Its the long hood.

I am all over the place right now with my ideas; I hope my sheetmetal will be done soon.
Then I will have to commit to what body style I want

Back