• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

window issue

RustyRed

Both my front windows were working fine before I took the car in for paint. The passenger door couldn't be saved so we had to take the guts out of it and put it in the new door shell.

It rolls down great but can be a challenge to roll up since it came back from paint.

I took the panel off this evening thinking one of rubber rollers in there came off track somehow.

With the panel off it rolled up and down great. So I put everything back on. With the panel back on, hard to roll up again. Took it back off...nothing obvious wrong and rolled up and down great.

Panel back on, and difficult to roll up again.

I got frustrated with it at that point since I really wasn't in the mood to work on the car this evening when I started.

Any ideas?

At the risk of sounding obvious...the installed door panel is causing a bind somewhere. Either the crank mechanism is getting bound up or one or more of the clips holding the panel are causing interference with the window mechanism movement in the door. My money is on a bound crank mechanism.

that was my first thought also but the hole in the door panel appears large enough. I will try to look at it with a fresh set of eyes today.

I have the same problem.

It's an adjustment issue. I have the bottoms of my glass pushed out trying to get a good seal at the top when rolled up.

I need to take it back apart and approach it from a different angle.

Or at least that's what I think is going on.

I'm with HorsePlay. Probably binding between the window crank and the panel. If the window is exactly where you want it, you're going to have to modify the panel's crank hole.

The other option would probably be to re-adjust the window slightly to remove the binding.

Back