• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Winter storm pile up

RapidRabbit

Donator
We had a batch of nasty weather move through yesterday and today.

3-5 inches of snow followed by freezing rain and sleet yesterday. Then today white out blizzard conditions with 40-50 mph winds.

They closed 2 interstate highways after a 100 car pile up. Sadly one person died in the crash. This is the road I take to work but luckily I was off today.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/weat...ble-winds-and-blizzard-conditions/2971353002/downloadfile-1.jpeg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c733b99b4197/Dozens of cars pile up in crash on I-41 Sunday.mp4

They shut down I35 this morning from Ames up to Minnesota! Between Ames and Des Moines there were 100+ in the ditches. First time they’ve activated the gates that block I35 since I’ve been here (6 years).

Mark

They never close I41 fully.

Today about 15 miles of it has been closed for 7 hours so far and they are not expecting to get it cleared until midnight tonight.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

You better have it all fixed by August....I'll be out driving the country again.

Speaking of major interstate accident . About 20 years ago , due to suddenly fog coming up , 200 cars crashed , 110 people injured and 10 people passed away/died.
Max highway speed is 75 mp/h now but back then average speed was higher.
In Germany such colisions did happen regurlar in the past but lately its happens less although on some highway stretch , there is no speed limit.

Back