• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wiper blades?

steveh326

has anyone found a newer 'beam style' wiper blade that will work with our stock wiper arms? I have searched but so far came up empty.

good point. I never plan to ride motorcycle in the rain either tho, and that ain't workin out too well for me either.

To be honest, last summer I trekked out a couple hours to a car show in a small town and got hit by a sudden summer shower for a couple miles on the way home. It can happen. In my case, I had never even (still haven't) tested the wipers to see if they worked. Went to switch them on and had the sudden thought that what if there was a problem and the circuit shorted or something and killed the car or worse, started a dash fire! Note to self...test the wipers before the summer season gets here!

The stock stuff worked just fine for decades. You don't need to upgrade to some modern design.

yeah good point. I did use some fancy pants windshield coating from McKees37 on my windshield that is supposed to be hydrophobic, but I don't care if I ever really test it's properties....

I know it's dumb but my primary concern with getting blade style wipers is that I blacked my wipers out, and am concerned about the paint chipping off the stock blades with the moving parts...lol. hopefully I prepped them well enough that won't be an issue.

I've had the best luck for selection with ANCO blades. They have a beam style (contour) blade that is supposed to fit, I used their website search and it's PN U-15-UB.
https://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/pa...-UB&partType=Windshield Wiper Blade - Contour
They're $7.69ea at Rockauto, I usually order new blades for all 4 of my cars at once to make it worth the shipping or Amazon or local parts store can probably get them same day from a warehouse.

I'd rather be safe than sorry and also use rain-x as a backup.

I've had the best luck for selection with ANCO blades. They have a beam style (contour) blade that is supposed to fit, I used their website search and it's PN U-15-UB.
https://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?brandId=AB&pNum=C-15-UB&partType=Windshield Wiper Blade - Contour
They're $7.69ea at Rockauto, I usually order new blades for all 4 of my cars at once to make it worth the shipping or Amazon or local parts store can probably get them same day from a warehouse.

I'd rather be safe than sorry and also use rain-x as a backup.

excellent! exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much. gonna order a pair today.

Back