• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wipers! stopped

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Took the 67 out for lunch today. After last stop it started to sprinkle. So Headed home. A little heavier rain and I turn on my wipers. They sweep to full extension and stop. Thought I heard something in dash but at throttle getting on freeway it wasn't too quiet to identify. Turned the switch off. Wipers stayed upright.

Got home and took a quick look at the repo owners manual to see if a fuse was the problem. Manual says nothing about wipers.

Turn on car ignition switch to ACC and then switch on wipers. Nothing...I do hear a slight popping noise which also is in time with interior lights dimming slightly.

What's my next step?

I realize I know nothing about electrical.

Have Jeff look at it....

You can look under the dash to see if the plug came loose from the motor. There is a fuse for the wiper. Have you tried to use the windshield wiper fluid lever on the bottom left. I think they are wired separately.

It think you might have burned the wiper motor

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be too tough to tell if the motor is turning/trying to turn. Saying you hear a popping makes me think maybe the linkage off the motor is to blame.

You can look under the dash to see if the plug came loose from the motor. There is a fuse for the wiper. Have you tried to use the windshield wiper fluid lever on the bottom left. I think they are wired separately.
It think you might have burned the wiper motor

I'll take the instrument pod out and check the motor connection. So which fuse is for the wiper???
I have a foot pump washer fluid pedal.......is there a switch on that which turns on the wipers too?

Fuse is top left for 1968. Same fuse for backup lights, factory radio.

I think a bad intermittent wiper/washer switch can interfere with the wiper function. It's down there near the floor where it can easily get wet and dirty. I had to replace mine a while back.

Now lets get this straight. It is a '67....same fuse location?
Has a foot pump for washer fluid....is there a wiper switch there too?
Floor area was very dry......about 100 drops were on the car when I got in...I counted;)

To my knowledge , yes and yes .
Like Terry said , look beneath the dash to see if the linkage didn't came loose on the wipermotor axle.

Instrument panel out.
Wiper switch out
reconnect wiper switch...still get slight clicking...electrical noise from switch...and elsewhere under dash....
Took apart wiper switch...cleaned but when snapped together again there is NOT the compression of the two halves that are needed to keep correct pressure inside for the spring pressured switch. I no doubt messed it up by prying open the switch box.

So...now to find a new wiper switch Ford#C8ZB-17A553-AI

And a 2 speed wiper motor.

Randy do have any of these???

Yes , wiper mechanicals. If your hear the wipermotor running but no action on the windshield ...... :p

Back