• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wiring help needed..

LSTCUP

I'm trying to hook up my MSD box under the dash to keep it out of site, I'm looking for 12 volt power under the dash, can I hook it to this relay under the dash? what is this relay for? there is no battery yet in this car, but in my coupe I'm getting a full 12 volts from either side of this, I hope the picture is clear enough, Thanks

IMG_4950-683x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking more closely, I see a blue/black wire which seems to be related to foglamps. If that is it, one of those is always hot, unfused, and tied to the battery line.

"Midlife" said:
Looking more closely, I see a blue/black wire which seems to be related to foglamps. If that is it, one of those is always hot, unfused, and tied to the battery line.

beautiful, that's exactly what it is.. thanks randy!

hopefully the last what's this wire for ? LOL

one is three prong with two wires ( both the same color, light blue with a red stripe) and the other is two prong with three wires ( one yellow and two light blue with no stripe ) guessing radio and console lights? any help would be appreciated.

these are right behind the ignition

IMG_4952-1024x683.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The three-pronger is your dash lamp accessory plug. The two-pronger is your radio power (yellow/black) and radio lights (blue/red).

"Midlife" said:
The three-pronger is your dash lamp accessory plug. The two-pronger is your radio power (yellow/black) and radio lights (blue/red).

dash lamp accessory ?

again thanks

Other devices can plug into the dash lamp system: consoles, shifter lights, clocks, ralley pacs, etc. Most Mustangs don't use that plug, but it is there anyway.

Back