• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Would this work?

gwstang

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTE-H8433-1/

Wondering if these headers would work in the '66 with the 5.0 HO and AOD tranny. They are mid-length. I need to do something about headers before taking for exhaust. I am tired of having to put the old exhaust back together after scraping on a speed bump every now and then...lol I use to have the tri-y full length cheapos before the aod install. That wouldn't work worth a damn. :rant So I had to use the old exh. manifolds to get going last year. thank, Gary.

I bought a pair of them and was not impressed. They fit on the engine ok, but there was no way to connect the exhaust to the header, because of the steering linkage. The linkage lined up with thr center of the collector and it was so close there was no way to reroute the exhaust around the linkage. Tossed them and got a set of JBA headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I figured someone on here had taken a look at these at one time or another. I guess the JBA's it shall be. Nothing comes cheap when we start modifying these damn things....lol

Yep the shorties. I love the way they fit. I just wish I would have ponied up for the coated ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back