• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Writing a 50th Anniversary Mustang book - only it's about the people and culture

Smart67

Hi Everyone - Jim Smart here:

I have begun work on a 50th Anniversary Mustang book to be published in 2014. Instead of the usual Mustang history book, this one is going to be all about Mustang people, culture, lifestyle - those who have made a difference in 50 years. Clubs, memorabilia, odd-ducks, weird stuff, you name it. Though not every story will be told - this is an opportunity to tell your Mustang story and achieve immortality in a nice hard cover coffee table book. And if you don't do it, you will never have a chance at it.

I am looking for people who have made a difference - significant people who haven't been recognized for their efforts - and indeed those who have. Please email me nice, sharp digital images/scans along with a detailed story. Not all will make print, which will make this book effort very challenging because I'd like to tell them all. Email address for this book effort is mustangat50@yahoo.com.

I'd like to hear from you. Lets work on this together.

i think two people who touched many lives in the "digital" age of computers but sadly aren't here to tell their stories are johnpro & sam griffith. i'm sure there are others here who know the stories better than i do who can step up with the info & pics.

good suggestion, and what about Rusty Gillis with his race history and Mustang restoration business? or Sam Auxier Jr.?
and Jason from Classic Recreations?

Maybe we should tell John's and Sam's stories, from the people who knew them!

Mike, Craig, Bill, David, Step up for John and send in what you know!

I didn't know Sam well enough to say much, but there are people here that can tell about them.

There are a bunch more on here, but I can't remember names right now....

Mel

Back