• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wrong Interior for 25 years

AzNick

Oops...I guess I was either a young kid in a hurry looking at the books or I assumed that my current interior was correct when I bought my car in '86. I knew the exterior color was incorrect.

When I bought the car it was:
'66 Coupe
Candy Apple Red/white vinyl top
Red Pony Interior

I decoded my data plate again tonight....
'66 Coupe
Silver Frost
BLACK Pony Interior

Was the vinyl top usually dealer installed? It is a great top...double seam, perfect trim...I am thinking of losing the top though. I think it would look decent with a black top, but I am thinking all Silver Frost is the way to go.

Silver and black for the win!

I couldn't go with lime gold so I went with Silver Frost, I love it.

I would go back original on it. The silver frost is nice. Vinyl tops could have been installed at any time. Thru the early years of the Mustangs, the vinyl top was popular with the general public as it gave the car a "classy" look in the eyes of the owners. A lot of luxury cars had them then also.

It would be easier (and cheaper!) to simply replace the door tag to reflect your current configuration.

Well...it will be the same price to bring it back to original color trim since I need to re-do the interior anyways.

The whole car is primed now...the vinyl top has seen better days...and the interior needs a lot of work.

So, I planned on making it Silver Frost again all along, and I assumed the interior was red Pony, which needs to be gutted. The only thing presentable are the seats....I need a headliner, package tray, dash, trim, door panels, and carpet, etc....so, the transition to a black Pony interior will be easy.

Back