• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTB: Driver side door catch *REMOVE*

Pics are of a Dynacorn part, OEM part will have an 'L' stamped on it.

Attachments

• DS latch.JPG
    DS latch.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DS latch2.JPG
    DS latch2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
Just asking but why are you opposed to buying a re-pop? Are they known to be inferior to originals?

"cmayna" said:
Hmmm, If you have both pieces of the spring, can it be welded back together?
It would lose its temper and not function properly, I would suspect.

"Horseplay" said:
Just asking but why are you opposed to buying a re-pop? Are they known to be inferior to originals?

Already bought a repop . . . for some reason it is not a fit. It looks like an exact duplicate but what I attach the rods the one for the exterior thumb button is too long. Yes, Ive already thought about re-bending the rod which wouldnt be that tough. Right now it would be easier than finding a working OEM latch for sale.

Craig: One of the springs has been broken for as long as Ive owned the car. Never knew it was a broken spring until I cleaned the part in preparation for reinstallation. Replacing the spring is not an option because it appears to have been installed using a press and I have never found just the spring for sale. In this case I may just rebend the rod and use the repop latch since I have already bought it.

I have some in my garage attic. I will get up there this weekend and see what side they are for.

Back