• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

YOM plate...

AzPete

It was $30 to get a good plate from a collector, $21.60 for the state to bless it after sending it to the home office for Fl MVD. I believe the additional annual is $12. And the person from MVD actually installed the date sticker pretty straight. Always like running the YOM plates..........
1966plate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
eh....not bad for a Flordian kinda car. :cool

Actually Pete, the condition of that plate is pretty impressive. Did you get a front as well and it similar condition?

Yep, just dusted it off and stuck it on. No front plate. Not sure if Fl. did a front then. I have been real lucky on this and the two 66 Az. plates I ran on my other 2 Mustangs there. They looked better than this, in fact, one Az. plate had never been mounted.

I must be the oldest guy on this forum--half the time I have not idea what the acronyms used heremean, but I did figure this one out. Here's my YOM plate--it had never been used and still was in its original tissue.

Year
Of
Manufacture

That is the year of the car. Most states require the plate to have that year stamped into it to be eligible to use.

Hey Pete, just ordered my "mint conditon" '70 plate from England of all places.(the guy has a personal collection of mint American plates) Shipping included it came to $22.00.It is from Hiilsbourgh County (3) . I will post after all the Mumbo Jumbo is done. Thank's for the inspiration. :danc

I wish the later years had the 19 on the left side like yours and not the split years but, Oh well.That's the way it was back in the day, so that's alright.

Pete, you're killin' me here. Why are FL. plates so much cheaper than CA plates? Higher wages being paid to the makers?? :rofl I just re-registered my two 1969 cars for YOM plates here in CA. We've just been allowed YOM plates on 63-69 cars. The Mustang plates cost me $100 back in 1999 from a collector/dealer. The state charged me $45 to apply to use them, and it will cost an extra $10 per year, if the DMV approves their use. My Corvette was a late build 69 (October 16), so I had to dig up a set of blue/yellow plates with an early number sequence. That cost me $150 from another collector/dealer. Then the $45 application fee and I'm waiting for approval on that one too. Hoping the state doesn't say I can't use the blue and yellows.

Heck, in Az., the YOM plates cost me $15.00 and an extra $10 per year if my memory is right. I had two '66 plates there. You just picked the wrong state.....it is still a state isn't it????

I'll be puttin mine on in a few weeks. Picked em up on E-bay for like 30 bucks. State of SC only requires an extra 30 bucks at registration to put em on.

Back